They say everything’s bigger in Texas … and that includes the number of wedding venues! Texas brides and grooms are lucky to have so many amazing options, from rustic chic barns to gorgeous outdoor chapels. It was a toughie, but we picked our top fave Texas wedding venues, with something for every style of bride and groom.
Got a wedding venue in Texas we should have added to the list?
1. Gruene Estate — Located between Austin and San Antonio, the 15-acre estate boasts this charming outdoor wedding chapel with stained glass windows and gorgeous views of the property. You get a mix of the traditional church setting with the unique ability to have an outdoor wedding at the same time! Perfection.
2. Barr Mansion + Artisan Ballroom — This Austin wedding venue has something for everyone, with beautiful grounds for the prettiest outdoor pics to the historic mansion that dates back to 1898! But the Artisan Ballroom is what really got us gushing over this locale – the reconstructed 1700’s New York Dutch Barn boasts spectacular floor to ceiling windows and wood details with lumber from the time of Columbus. Brides who love history and all things pretty? This one’s for you.
3. Dallas Arboretum + Botanical Gardens — Who needs to spend money on decor when you have a venue that looks like this?! All the beauty of Mother Nature takes care of the decor budget for you. There are several different gardens and downright magical locations throughout the space to say “I do” and have a reception, but if you’re getting hitched in the spring, we can’t say enough about the tulip display during Dallas Blooms.
4. Nature’s Point — Views of the sparkling water can make for some of the most serene and stunning additions to any wedding, which is why we love Nature’s Point on Lake Travis in Lago Vista. The stunning outdoor event space with the cabin-like venue and the lake view is to-die-for, and the charming details of the grounds with its fountains and gardens make the most picturesque backdrops for pictures.
5. Olde Dobbin Station — We can’t imagine a vintage glam bride who wouldn’t fall in love with the historic Olde Dobbin Station in Montgomery, with the building dating back to the early 1900’s. High ceilings, wood beams and exposed brick provide a gorgeous contrast to the white walls and vintage-style chandeliers. It’s a breathtaking location without any decor, or it provides just enough of a blank slate to make it all your own.
6. Lone Oak Barn — Hello, lovely. We just can’t get over the rustic chic beauty of Lone Oak Barn in Round Rock, giving brides and grooms the countryside charm minus the drive to well, the country. The picturesque barn provides all the backdrop you need for the sweetest ceremony, while the inside offers unique details like rustic tin and aged wood.
7. Lanier Theological Library — A throwback to churches of a bygone time, the Lanier Theological Library in Houston surrounds you in grandeur and history. The stone chapel is a recreation of a Turkish church from 500 A.D., featuring spectacularly detailed paintings of Biblical stories and built in the shape of a cross. A truly unique venue for someone who wants a traditional church venue with some seriously jaw-dropping wow-factor.
8. Paniolo Ranch — Want to get away from it all without venturing too far from the convenience of city-life (and international airports?). Have a destination wedding at Piniolo Ranch, located near Austin and San Antonio! This sweet bed and breakfast retreat is a real treat for brides and grooms who are looking for rustic charm with upscale amenities (did someone say spa?). Plus we love that there is a winery nearby for a fun guest outing, and the outdoor stone ceremony location is a spectacular sight at night.
9. Elmwood Gardens — An old fashioned country garden sets a magical scene for brides and grooms in East Texas. We might choose Elmwood Gardens for its most beautiful Wedding Walk alone, with brides walking down a flower-lined path under a spectacular wood structure with draping lace linens, crystal chandeliers and bistro lights that feels like it came right out of a fairy tale. But, the outdoor chapel and dance floor and the gorgeous grounds are among the many other reasons this is a go-to for weddings.
10. Trinity River Audubon Center — If you love nature and want something a little on the unique side for your wedding, we say get married at The Trinity River Audubon Center in Dallas, surrounded by the wetlands. The Great Hall features floor to ceiling windows that bring the outside in, giving you stunning views of the wetlands, while the outdoor trails provide sensational photo ops.
If anything doesn’t fit the first time, we’ll send free replacements right away.
Call us at 844-MENGUIN
Monday – Friday 10AM – 6PM EST
Saturday 10AM – 6PM EST
Sunday 10AM – 6PM EST
Arrives about 14 days before your event. Plenty of time to try it on.